I am no fitness expert but my two sisters are and my husband has been known to run / cycle and swim so I do know what to buy …
- If the gym bag is older than 3 years, it’s time for a new bag (according to my expert relations). Great gym bags can be snapped up at any sports store. Easy peasy. Of course you would want to add a cute sports bottle and towel too.
- Lulu Lemon Align pants. These are incredible yoga pants, exercise pants and just-wanna-stay-on-the-couch pants! You can buy online or in store. There are a few outlets around. The one we have exhausted is at Homebush DFO.
- Earphones for running. There are a lot of factors to consider when buying earphones – price, sound quality, fit, style and device with which they work – so it may be best to get a gift card for them to be self-purchased if no you can check out the following brands Bose (Link to in-ear earphones here), JayBird Bluebuds X (can buy online here) or Yurbuds (powered by JBL: link here ) there are a number reviews online about each.
- A crazy cool yoga mat. There are some seriously funky designs out there – why use the studios or the typical purple or turquoise from Target when you can get something super snazzy. Yogadesignlab.com has some nice stuff. You can even get a double-sided one from Gaiam.com or a personalized one from etsy.
- If you’re going big, there is always the watch. The sports watch. My family are big supporters of the Garmin but there is also the Suunto. For runners the new TomTom Runner 2 Cardio which has got some good reviews. But I would do some more research on watches as this is a big gift and you want to make sure you know that it is perfect for the gift-reviewer.
- Classes – cross-fit / yoga / Pilates or training sessions.
- A wind cheater or warm exercise top specially for exercising Nike always has pretty cool ones. These keep you warm but allow a lot of movement. The ones in the picture are Nike Element Half Zip.